Firmer boobs, bum and legs exercise. Exercising when pregnant.

by - 11:37

Hello there!
I feel so silly for not exercising when I was pregnant with William! I think I was made believe that exercise during pregnancy is very dangerous, which is not true. Don't get me wrong, there are cases where pregnant women should not exercise at all but this is not the case unless there is a high risk or something, I don't know, I'm not a doctor, ha ha.

So what made me look into exercising with this pregnancy?
When I was pregnant with William, my bum grew noticeably! And I was actually quite happy at that, because I have always preferred 'sticky-outy' bums to 'flat' bums. The reason I was worried was because with all that extra weight, it's only natural that it was going to sag and I really, really don't want that to happen! So that's why I put together exercises for my little bum, he he.
Then, I wanted bigger boobs (don't we all? ha ha). I had bigger boobs before I gave birth to William then I do now. Well.. maybe not now, because they're already filling out with this pregnancy but my boobs did become a lot smaller after breastfeeding William and I always told myself that if I have any more kids I won't breastfeed. Now that I am pregnant I can't even imagine not breastfeeding my baby to be, hence why I put together some boobie exercises, he he he. Those exercises help build your chest muscles (I think) which gives fuller and firmer looking breasts. I also drink a glass of soy milk (ew.) ever day or night, as i read that that can also help with increasing your bra size. I googled to see if it's safe to drink in pregnancy and it is. I google everything now, ha ha.
Anyway, what I was hoping was that my boobs get bigger whilst pregnant, and the exercises will help keep them there after i finish brestfeeding (fingers crossed!).

What have I missed out? Oh yes, legs!
I wanted exercises that help tone my legs because.. who doesn't want toned legs, right? Ha ha. I don't really have anything to say about this so, let's move on.

I searched the internet to find the workout that would suit my needs and eventually I just put a routine together myself, as it was easier this way. What I didn't like about googling the exercises was that a lot of the websites had only the name of the exercises and no pictures and I was just sitting at my screen, confused. That is why, I will try and find a picture for every exercise for this post!

Like I said, all these exercises are safe to do when pregnant but might get a bit more 'tricky' as you get further along. Let's begin!

1. Sumo Squats
I do 15 of these at the start and then another 15 at the end when I'm done with all the other exercises.


2. Lunges
I do 15 of these on each leg, so 30 all together. This exercise might get quite tricky once your bump gets bigger because you might struggle to balance but you can always use a chair to hold on to for extra balance.


3. Leg Raises
Leg raises sounds like the exercise where you lie on the floor and then lift your legs and tense your stomach muscles (?), but this is the one I do and it is really easy, even when pregnant!


4. Kickbacks
You can do these standing up but I do them as the picture above. Getting on your hands and knees in your last few weeks of being pregnant can be very beneficial!


5. Step-ups
This exercise is pretty self-explanatory.


6. Push Ups
I was very confused as to whether these are safe in pregnancy or not, but I did my research and the are safe! You can do normal push ups but I do them on my knees, and if that gets too hard, you can do it on the wall too.


7. T-planks
I love this exercise!


8. Chest Presses

I dont use weights, I try to just squeeze my muscles instead. I'm sure you can use weights as long as you're very careful and don't go extreme with 200kg or something, ha ha.


9. Elbow Squeezes
You do as the picture above and then bring your arms forward and squeeze. That's what I do. I'm not actually sure if that's what elbow squeezes are but that's what I do and you can really feel it work on all the chest muscles!

That's all for the exercises, I hope you all liked the post. If at any time you get abdominal or back pain or any pain at all, stop exercising. Don't try and push yourself too hard. Just remember, your body is already carrying a little life (I just cried a little..) so you don't want to strain it too much. Drink a lot of water and don't overheat. 
I'll see you in my next post.

Loads of strength from me to you,
Love, Daria xoxo







You May Also Like

0 comments